Welcome to the Freestyle Rhythm Quad Roller Skating Wiki
We are scoping for quad skaters - Old School Funk skaters especially, and their comments, opinions and articles about non-competitive quad rhythm skating aka Funk Skating. Share stories, experiences and knowledge about this very special form of roller skating.
3 articles since October, 2008
Contents (view all pages)
What's new on Quad Roller Skating Wiki
- October 13, 2008 Magic Machines
- A novel perspective on rhythm dance skating
- October 15, 2008 Why Does Quad Dance Skating Merit Mention?
- What's the most fun you can have standing up? No - that's the second most fun.
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about the wiki on the About page.
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Check out Help:Starting this wiki if you're setting up the wiki.
- Adding content
- Every wiki has two list of articles that need help called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, get in there.
- Uploading images is another really easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page!
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on the templates project page.
- Talk and more...
- Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback or just to say hi.
This is an essay that attempts documenting a variant of Quad Roller Skating that has not, to my knowledge, heretofore been explicitly described or recorded. The target audience is primarily the Quad skater and will mostly be of interest to them. Not meant to be an all-encompassing explanation of how skates work, my thesis covers the basics and points out some special aspects of Quads and how they power and drive indoor dance skating. More than just a technical description, it explores how the science of moving bodies and machines underpins and dovetails with the artistic expression of a singular skating style only made possible with Quad Roller Skates - the Magic Machines.